Prospective members are invited to join by existing members. The club’s board of directors then reviews membership information for approval. Beyond initial induction fees, members contribute annual dues as determined by the club. Kiwanis clubs meet weekly or twice a month. Members, on average, invest about six hours a month by participating in meetings, projects, and volunteering in their community.
The Objects of Kiwanis
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
Through Kiwanis membership, individuals give their talent, time, and love to those in need. Kiwanians worldwide dedicate themselves to a way of life in which they believe.
Rewards of Membership
Through Kiwanis membership, communities are improved, friendships a built, leadership skills are developed, and business contacts are made. More importantly, the lives of children in our community and around the world are changed for the better.
Members and clubs also receive KIWANIS magazine ten times a year, enjoy access to an on-line community, as well as discounts on products and services.
The weekly meetings are efficiently run and are fun.
Interested in Joining?
Are you interested in joining a Kiwanis club?
Or are you a Kiwanian who is relocating and needs information about Kiwanis clubs in your new community? We would be happy to host you for lunch any Tuesday so that you can come and meet some members and see what we are about. Feel free to join us any Tuesday at noon at the Desert Gardens, 540 Seymour St. Kamloops. Or call Roger or Elaine at 250-374-2316 for more information.